Monday, February 9, 2015

2/7/15
We went to the beach and messed around. I thought we were going to meet up with this woman and her kids we had met the day we got here but we didn't see them and since we don't have a phone or regular use of the internet it's hard to make plans. We knew we needed to go shopping today so we asked a guy who worked on the beach where one was and he said it was only a few blocks away. I told Paul I would just go and then when I got back we would go back to the boat and make lunch and have a siesta (nap/break). 
I walked where the guy said and I found a seven 11 basically that didn't have eggs or milk so I asked the guy where one was and he said I'd have to go to Walmart. Well we try not to shop there so I continued my search figuring I would ask someone who wasn't trying to get me to shop at their store. I mean if we had wanted soda, chips, cookies and bologna I would've scored. So after walking around more people just kept telling me Walmart so I got on a bus, paid 15 pesos and headed off to find Walmart. It was a pretty short ride and I almost missed my stop but luckily some lady sitting near me said,"didn't you want to go to Walmart? This is your stop". Whew. So I got some produce which I was overexcited about and ended up buying almost too much to carry. I had to take a million stops walking back to the beach because my arms and traps were killing me. I knew I had been gone a long time but had no idea it had been almost 2 hours. He was like geez another hour I was going to go to the police. I would've given anything to not had to walk all the way to the beach, down a big hill knowing I would be carrying that crap back up it to get back to the dinghy. I don' know why we didn't keep at least one phone. We made it but it was rough. Oliver was already ready for a nap when I left so by the time I got back he was practically delusional. We had to make him walk too since we had so much stuff to carry. Thankfully on the way back to the boat some friends of ours who had gotten a slip, offered for us to come back that night to shower at the marina. I was overjoyed, it again had been 6-7 days without a proper shower. That part is tough. 
Then after our nap we headed to the cafe to use the internet, which is when I got the devastating news that my friends brother had died in a car accident. It is unbelievable. 
After that we met our friends and took a glorious shower then sat at another friends boat, with the friends who let us shower and had some wine and talked about sailing, ect.
2/8/15
We found out the boat anchored next to us had a little boy named Thorston who is 4 so we radioed them in the morning and went to the beach together so the boys could play and we could share stories. They have been having a lot of trouble with their boat and are trying to get back up north, they are just coming back form the Sea of Cortez. The boys had a great time, Oliver loves to wrestle and play rough so it's nice when he gets to play with an older boy. 
Oliver getting taken down by Thorston. He went right back for more



Oliver and his buddy Thorston

Me swimming with the boys

While Oliver and I played with them Paul stayed on the boat working on the ignition problem, which he fixed!! I was so proud of him! He had gotten a few pointers from some other cruisers and it turned out to be really easy. I was so relieved, nothing on this boat has been easy (or cheap) to fix. 



My man doing manly stuff
We went back to the boat for a nap but Oliver didn't sleep, he is in that in-between area where he needs a nap most days but then he doesn't sleep as good at night or he doesn't nap then he is a crab but goes to bed early and sleeps great. We just make daily decisions on naps. Anyways after that we went to meet our Canadian friends because they had heard of a market we could walk to. So we walked with them, it turned out to just be the same Mexican tourist junk you can get everywhere but it was fun. I think they even make most of that stuff fin Taiwan which is weird but whatever. It was nice to walk and talk then we stopped to get a beer before we headed back to get ready for supper. 


Me and the canucks

We got ready quick and went to meet our Portland, OR friends for supper, Mexican food of course. They had such good salsa I am going to bring a big tupperware and buy some from them before we go. Anyways we had a great time, it was on the beach so Oliver got to run and play with other kids and we sat and had some drinks. It's nice when we get to pull the dinghy up on the beach which we got to do there. They are a really cool couple, like minded and the guy Eric is a very experienced sailor and the lady is a nurse so we always have plenty to talk about. Paul and Eric pretty much only talk to one another when we get together, they are in a bromance we think, haha.
2/9/15
Oliver slept in, thank goodness because I could feel the drinks I had the night before. We decided to go check out some snorkeling spots by the arches since we will go tomorrow. Then we met our buddy Thorston and his mom again at the beach. They were having a guy come look at their engine so they had to be off of their boat for the day. Then we went back for our usually siesta and needed to go back to Walmart to get some more produce since we are planing on leaving tomorrow. That leads to know…Starbucks=internet:)



Panoramic shot from the boat, lots of hotels

If you go just a bit further to the left is the arch

Dead puffer fish we found, Paul just wanted to grab it, I was like probably not
This sea lion by our boat. He was resting or something, he is upside down. Alive I promise, I have never seen them do that before and with all the boats and jet skies...risky business



4 comments:

  1. Lindsay, we are awe of your adventures!!! Your pictures are breathtaking.

    We will say a prayer for your friend and his family. We're so sorry.

    Jason is jealous of Pauls' new bromance. So easily replaced ;-) quote from Jason, "not cool, not cool, but understandable." We miss you soooo much. Keep posting. J&N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you guys can never be replaced. Desperate times call for desperate measures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing you!! So nice to see all the pics!! So sorry about your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing you!! So nice to see all the pics!! So sorry about your friend...

    ReplyDelete