Thursday, February 12, 2015

2/11/15
We woke up at 1am to leave and some of our gauges weren't working so paul tinkered a little but didn't know so we went back to bed. After doing something we were able to leave at 8am which ended up being stupid because we were already cutting it close to make it before dark. We should've just stayed anther day. And we were going into the wind so going super slow until we decided to tack which is going back and forth so we got help from the wind but had to go off course. 
So we did one tack which was good but then when we tacked back toward the shore it was really rough and we were barely moving. I was not happy and we certainly weren't going to make it by sundown so we turned back to Cabo. We will stay there another day or two and leave at night. It is so hard with Oliver restless and I get that way too. So we just took a day sail for nothing we are back in Cabo and will probably leave tomorrow. I am not happy to be here or to have spent all day on the boat in mostly crappy conditions.
2/12/15
So here I am back in Starbucks. Needless to say this sucks. Yes in the big picture I suppose it does not but I feel like it does right now. I don't know if we will leave tonight or tomorrow. I am not in a great place about all of this right now. I never read about how lonely sailing is. I mean I am stuck with Paul and Oliver all day everyday. As much as I love them I really miss talking to and seeing my other friends and family. We haven't been able to get our hands on a phone, only a pay phone that didn't work so I feel so isolated. Every time we hang out with our cruising friends I feel better but these aren't people I have known for a long time so it's different. I think it's funny no one ever writes about how lonely sailing is (or no one I have read). Why do we always want to make everything sound better than it is? What ever happened to us being honest with one another? Not every part of life is good. So there it is, yes we have seen some cool places but we too have bad days out here. 

3 comments:

  1. Ya'll being safe if what I pray for!! I am sure it gets lonely. Sorry Lins.. Lauren and I log in to follow what's up with you and just want you and your family to know we think about you every day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I miss hanging out! How are you doing? And Lauren? School?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete