Friday, February 13, 2015

12/13/15

Well now I am sitting at Starbucks (weird) because Paul wants to get a slip because it is so bad out there and has been having trouble getting ahold of them. So I just talked to a guy and he said yeah we have one radio 88 not 16 like we are used to, that is surely the problem. Paul gets emails intermittently out there so we are just waiting to hear from him. I feel bad. We decided to get a hotel today to wait this thing out and now the seas are super rough and he is out there by himself (he wanted to go back out there for awhile to make sure everything was ok). Don't get me wrong I don't think this is anything life threatening but it is a pain in the a no doubt and I wish I could be there to help him even though it would be a nightmare out there with Oliver right now. We went to the beach and made some friends and I saw the waves crashing on the beach and I could see our boat, I even saw Paul walk to the bow (with no life jacket on!), but it didn't look that bad. Then I get back to the hotel and get his emails about wanting to get a slip and worried it could get worse tonight. Ugh, I wish there was more I could do the people wouldn't let me use their radio to call him.
Ok so after sitting in the Starbucks for an hour or so, I didn't hear anything and I found one of the marina guys to let me use his radio to try to call Paul. He didn't answer. So after going back to Starbucks again and seeing nothing from Paul I decided to head back to the hotel. It was dark, Oliver needed to go to bed, and I hadn't heard anything from Paul anyways. Guess who was there? Yep, Paul. He had found someone on the radio to help him get in touch with the Marina so he could get a slip. Then he was able to get the anchor up and get the boat into the slip singlehanded. It usually takes the two of us on a calm day so I was pretty proud of him. I teased him that now I wasn't going to help anymore. Anyways, we will see what the weather does tomorrow and hopefully get out of Cabo sooner than later.

Killing time

Paul is the boat on the left, it doesn't look that bad from the picture
(I am with the orange parachute, ha)


I can't see why you would bring a truck from that far?!

Oliver and I just walking around

No comments:

Post a Comment