Wednesday, January 7, 2015

1/1/14
Happy New year! I am at work. I actually have 3 shifts left, I thought I only had two but that is ok it gives me time to say goodbye to everyone and not freak out so much about money. 
Boat living is going good. I finally made a inventory of our food which was necessary. I thought we had a lot more food but Paul said he ate a lot when we went to MN so that was good to know. I feel like I can buy exactly what we need, or at least what I think we need now. I also know we have enough room for everything and feel a little better about that. Paul is worried about me stocking the boat up too much but we eat a lot and although I know we will have to give up eating organic I want to have as much as I can for as long as I can so I have tons of organic rice, pasta, snacks, ect.
It was so sad a few days ago two people died over on Catalina Island during a big storm that had 40 mph winds. I get so freaked out about that and luckily the friends we just met were smart enough to get back before it hit. I remember how windy it was that night. I grabbed Paul's hand and said it was kind of scary, I was so glad we weren't anchored anywhere we would not have slept.


1/4/15
So we have the jacklines and tethers set up thanks to Paul, I am so glad, I want to make sure we are always clipped in when we are underway.
1/5/14
Cried with Oliver on the way home from our friend Diane's house. It is getting real. I am really going to miss a lot of people in this state. It's not like I think I will never return it's just not ever going to be as it was. Diane has been like a mom to me and Oliver's grandma while we were here. He was so sad that we weren't spending the night and I just cried too.

Oliver with Diane

1/7/14
Last night of work. It is so weird. I don't feel ready but I guess that is just because going to a job is so ingrained in us. I am sad to say goodbye to so many dear friends and wonderful nurses but am happy to be moving forward.

We have a lot to do in the next few days, it still doesn't feel real.


No comments:

Post a Comment