Thursday, January 15, 2015

1/11/15
We went to the mall the other day with our friends Paul and Steve and Oliver went to the top of this firetruck thing kids can climb on and jumped off of it. It was really high, like 4.5 feet. He did it and was fine and we should've stopped him from doing it anymore but we didn't and after the 4th time he did hurt himself. He cried and told me it was his ankle so he sat on my lap for awhile and then when he wanted to go play he couldn't even weight bear on it, he just dropped to the floor. We had both checked it and he could move it fine but when I saw that I was worried. Paul thought we should wait until tomorrow and see if it's better. It wasn't swelling so I went with it.
1/12/15
He is limping, pretty bad. We are worried he may have some sort of break in there so we are going to take him to the urgent care.
The MD didn't think he needed an X-ray and normally I am totally good with not intervening but I was like, we are leaving the country and only have insurance for another few weeks so we have to make sure there's nothing wrong for certain. He got an X-ray and she didn't see anything so they will call if the radiologist sees anything. So relieved and glad that we can just let him run and he should limit himself.
Oliver getting his Xray, he wasn't scared at all

We went to Carmax to try to get an offer on the vehicles. They didn't offer us much so we will not be going with them. Craigslist it is.
1/13/15
Just running errands, we both feel like we have been living in our cars all day the last few days. I took everything to a friends house and washed it all so we at least have a clean start. Oliver's limp is better but still noticeable.
1/15/15
This was supposed to be our day to leave but the cars aren't sold. I wish we had put them up sooner but it's hard because we needed them, or at least one, until this last week or so. We just weren't thinking. We though they would sell right away. We had one person come and look at each yesterday. Got one offer but don't want to take that yet. We just lowered each one a couple hundred so hopefully we get a lot of interest today. It's good to know that we can get a decent car when we move pack to Minnesota for cheap if we are patient or find people semi desperate like we are.
I feel ready to go. It stinks because I buy everything, fresh stuff, and then we don't leave and I feel like I need to restock again. I hope we get rid of these cars so we can go. I am getting antsy even though I am not necessarily looking forward to sailing 14+ hours to San Diego.
We sold the truck! We took less than we wanted but we really wanted to get rid of one car today. A guy was going to meet to look at the Saturn tonight but he flaked said tomorrow so cross your fingers for us!
Paul with the flare guns...ha!

Oliver playing with the dirt, Jeff and Maggie hanging out with him at the marina

Sea lion trying to find a spot to jump up and sun on the dock

Back of the boat, got new stickers to represent

Saying final goodbye to the truck

Oliver in his spot to eat

In the cockpit, it's still a mess

Did I post this already? Our prince asleep in the vberth


So cute, Captain and First Mate hats


No comments:

Post a Comment