Friday, November 14, 2014

11/1/14
So we are really going to give it a go this year. The moving company comes to collect our things in less than 2 weeks. Needless to say we are working on moving our storage unit to our house and going through and packing up everything that will not be going on the boat. It seemed easier when I was just thinking about it. There is so much to do and prepare for. I need to focus on one thing at a time like deciding what goes on the boat and what goes to MN and what goes to the thrift store because we will have to get rid of some stuff.
11/9/14

Things are moving forward quickly but at this point there is no other way. We cleared out the storage locker today so we have everything in our living room and a few big things at our friends house (thank you Nicole and Jason). Paul told his boss he was leaving and I told mine so there is no going back now. I can tell that we both feel better. This is good that we are moving forward, even though it is 'stressful' I don't feel stressed out since it's good stress. Everything is just working out and I feel like it is coming fast but not too fast. It's weird though because I am still having a hard time deciding what should come and what shouldn't'. Lucky for me I have dropped quite a few things that are glass so that always takes care of the question of if I should pack it or not. I am still notifying friends and family that we are leaving so I have been feeling bad the last week when people hear through the grapevine and not from me that we are leaving soon. I mean i just told my mom the other night. They are excited for us, probably not too excited that we are bringing all our stuff back to their house, but glad we will end up there eventually. I am also trying to pack only clothes that are dark for Oliver and I so it hides the dirt better. It's weird to think in a week I will be sleeping on an air mattress with only a few pans to cook with.

Our living room

2 comments:

  1. Omg it's really happening. We are so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is...somehow. I can't wait to see you guys before we go!

    ReplyDelete