Wednesday, December 17, 2014

12/12/14
We get back to California and have to live on the boat. I knew this was coming I just didn't expect a hurricane the first night. Luckily Oliver slept and it wasn't raining yet as we walked to the boat after getting home from the airport. However, the storm did wake me up in the middle of the night multiple times. I was just glad we weren't anchored anywhere. I think the winds got up to 60 mph that night…welcome to living aboard.
Sleeping isn't so bad but if I need to sleep after work it is hard because there is only one space essentially. 
12/14/14
I haven't even tried cooking, it just seems like too much work. I don't know why I am am making such a big deal out of it, I have cooked on it before, but that was just when we were living on it for a few days now it is all the time and there is way too much stuff in such a small space, it feels terrible. I mean I woke up today and there is like one spot to sit and the rest is covered in bags and clothes from our trip back to Minnesota. Sure I could put it away if there was a place to put it. There is no room, this sucks. Paul had the main part of the boat cleaned out when we got back but that was only because he stuffed shit everywhere without paying too much attention to what it was. I have asked for multiple things and he has no idea where he put them. I knew this would happen but it is still awful. I worked the first 2 nights we were back so hopefully after sleeping some today I will be able to go through it some and make it more comfortable but not suffocating. I don't know how people do this. I mean I haven't read extensively but I have read quite a bit and people just make it seem like they sell all their stuff and go happily saying. That is definitely not what is happening in our case. Moving was a b, just trying to decide what to bring, what to store and what to get rid of was awful. Then moving onto the boat and remember it also rained the whole time, was exhausting and a cluster f. Now it was picked up but only for show and it's not even picked up anymore. I feel like nothing will ever be able to be out of place if we want to live a semi decent life on it. It is just too small of a space to have any sort of mess let alone simultaneous messes happening without wanting to set the thing on fire and walk away. 
Diane and I go skydiving next weekend maybe I will break a leg and then I won't have to go sailing, JUST KIDDING, I want to go it just all seems like too much right now. We have a lot to do and I have a lot to learn in the next few weeks. I know we can do it I am just not really looking forward to it. 
I can already tell I have been eating worse the last few days, from going out to eat, I am just not ready to live this way. It definitely had to be forced or I would have never done this. Poor Oliver told me when we pulled up yesterday he wanted to go home and not to the boat. I am sure he is thinking about our old apartment. I told him I did too but this was our home now so we have to make the best of it and by that I meant we could eat a few chocolates and watch a dvd, it helped us both. 
I don't really know how I am supposed to do cloth diapers I guess wash them at the laundry mat and hang dry them at home or dry them there I don't know besides it has been cloudy and rainy here since we got back and doesn't look like it gets much better this coming week. We definitely did not take into consideration that it may rain all month since we have been in a such a drought the last few years I thought nothing of it. It wouldn't be so bad if we weren't the furthest boat from the parking lot. I mean it is a good 4 minute walk and not with Oliver, that is a grown up pace. I would give you a yardage but I am bad at those types of calculations and I want you to feel bad for me, it's far. Anyways it sucks when it's not raining so when it rains I just want to curse everything. It makes the simplest tasks ten times harder. 
Sometimes I can't get the toilet to flush, just pee, and I straight up don't know what to do and paul is not there and all I can think when the boat starts to rock from some waves is I hope it doesn't spill onto all that stuff that is still on the floor of the bathroom. 

We have no address. Think about that. I mean I have no idea what I am missing in the mail and if I want to order something or someone wants to send me something I have to ask a friend if it would be ok. Sure people don't mind but it is such an extra pain and then I have to go to their house to get the stuff and feel bad for bothering them. Lucky for us we do have great friends who I really think don't mind but you still feel bad asking so much. I keep telling myself I will adjust but right now I just want to keep coming to work so I can just avoid it all, lucky for me I do work a lot this week so that will help me put it off further.

3 comments:

  1. I feel it all. Our poor precious girl! Everything will be all right, truly. I remember when a pair of shoes on the floor in the fifth wheel could send me into a terrible-twos-tantrum, and the fifth wheel was a bit larger than your boat. Love much, write often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness. Love you terribly, and I am so proud that you were able to end the drought. I think the state of California should give you a bigger boat. But, until that happens, I am glad to know that chocolate and dvd's help some. Kisses! Est.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barb it's nice to hear from someone who has lived in a small space and survived;)
    I love you est, thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete