Sunday, May 17, 2015

5/11/15
We spent the day finishing up. We still had quite a bit to do. It is so much little stuff and trying to decide what we should keep and if we have room for it. It was before 10am that I knew Oliver wasn't going to fit in the backseat. It's technically alright because you don't have to have your kids in a carseat/ I would've preferred that, it made me really nervous but there was no way we would get everything out/ I knew we just had to make it the 3 hours to my grandparents house where they offered to take as much as we needed back to Mn when they drive up a few weeks after us. Oliver and I left for a bit to give Paul time to do stuff then would come back and help. I was so tired by the time it came around 3pm I didn't care anymore I just wanted to get out of the sun and on our way. We were lucky there was very little wind since the last few days it has been in the 20 knot range and it would've been really really difficult to get the boat to the dock where it would be hauled out. So by the time 315 rolled around our friends that we met in Santa Rosalia had came up in their dinghy, they had just pulled in. We chatted with them a bit then moved it over. Our friends on Hooroo came over to meet us and watch our boat come out. It helped a lot since Oliver loves them he ran around with them and they watched him while Paul and I did all the last minute stuff, we did not defrost the fridge early enough and it was really dirty so i was literally cleaning it out while the trailer was coming in the water to pick the boat up. It was cool to watch them pull it out and it came out without a problem. We followed it to the boat yard where we had 20 minutes to finish it all up. It was a rush and then when i went to pay the office was closed so we have to call tomorrow to get that all figured out. Oh well. We wanted to get a drink with Hooroo before we left for my grandparents but we didn't get back to say goodbye until close to 530pm and we knew we had at least a 3 hour drive ahead of us to an unknown place in the dark in Mexico so we ended up just giving hugs and leaving, The drive was easy besides getting a little lost in Hermisillo but luckily some nice homeless guy who spoke english told us where to go. It was basically 3 roads which was nice. I was so nervous every time I thought about getting in an accident with Oliver in the front but luckily that did not happen. We got there in exactly 3 hours and it was awesome to see them. The house is so awesome and we have our own trailer to sleep in with a kitchen and everything. I am so happy to see them, we stayed up having a few drinks and shooting the shit for a few hours since Oliver napped in the car.  I am excited to get up tomorrow to see this place in the light.
The broker lady who came over and took pictures, hard to see someone talk bad about your boat and ask you why anyone would buy it. I mean I am not the biggest fan of sailing but I think it was a great, reliable boat. 
Dog bit Oliver didn't break skin but scared him and us so bad so she wont be around anymore.
5/12/15
I had to get the rental car returned by 11am so we hung out in the morning then headed an hour and a half to Hermisillo airport to return the car. It was a easy drive and so nice to drive fast and listen to my music. I haven't driven for 5 months I missed it. We returned it without a hitch and then stopped to get some groceries and boxes on the way home. My grandpa drove me and when we got back we went down to their beach and then ate some supper. This place is so great and so beautiful.

5/13/15
We were up early again today but it was ok since we went to bed by 10 last night. I just feel so drained after the last few days working so hard to get the boat ready. We had made breakfast, done the dishes and all that by about 830am. We got all ready for the beach and they took us the long way so we got to see a lot of the beaches and more of Kino. It is just beautiful here and not so many people. We ended up hanging out in the beach for a few hours Oliver found some friends which was good. then we came back and everyone took a nap. When we woke up I cooked some early supper and the Paul finally talked Oliver into going on the 4 wheeler so they ran down to the beach while I hung out and watched tv! Nothing great but fun to veg out I just feel so tired I am hoping after another good night of sleep I will be better. I try not to rely on coffee too much. 
5/17/15

Don't know where to begin. We have had a wonderful time here in Kino. Just getting to hang out with family we love is worth all the miles! We wet on the 4 wheeler, went to multiple beaches, out to eat, plenty of cocktails, hung out with their neighbors, kayaking, ect. This place is beautiful and I could definitely see this place blowing up over the next 15 years, makes us want to buy property…anyways here are some pictures, we leave early in the morning tomorrow to head into the states.
Paul shaved his face, I was so happy and excited but he is bumming...



Folding the sails to pack away



Taking a break from packing


Car all packed up, couldnt even open the rear windows


Final goodbye to the boat on water. right before getting hauled


Trailer our boat got hauled out on


Panoramic of boat in water and tractor in position to pull it out 


Out of the water



Being pushed down the road to the boatyard


Going into the yard, you can see all the other sailboats already up and that isnt even all of them



Leaving the boatyard


View from roof in Kino house (Sea of Cortez)


Siri Indians live here, they believe that specific type of cactus are frozen giants from the past


Oliver climbing on the whale bones in the yard


Whale bones in yard


Oliver driving the truck in the desert


Going down to the beach


Grandpa and Paul talking shop


Grandma and Grandpa


Friday night dinner with all the blue hairs


My version of kayaking


Paul kayaking


Oliver at restaurant 


My grandpa and I


Pier, missing a board...who cares right?!


Mexican kids waiting to jump off of pier


Climbing up makeshift ladder onto pier after jumping off...would never get to do this in the states


Pier/beach 'old' Kino


Grandma and Grandpa's place in Kino, Mexico (house and trailer where we slept and put all of our crap)


Sorry not proof read...ignore grammatical garbage. You know what i mean

No comments:

Post a Comment